Wednesday, August 12, 2015

One Week In - My Adventures With Fitbit

Watching the sunrise on a morning walk. Breathtaking!
I posted last week about being discontent in my own skin. I decided to make some changes. One of the major changes included a minor purchase. I began with a Fitbit Charge HR. If you are unfamiliar with the Fitbit and it's benefits, I'll give you a quick run down. This is how Fitbit is described via their website: "When it comes to reaching your fitness goals, steps are just the beginning. Fitbit tracks every part of your day—including activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep—to help you find your fit, stay motivated, and see how small steps make a big impact. Track activity, exercise, food, weight, sleep and more, for real-time information about your day and night. Sync stats wirelessly and automatically from your Fitbit device to your phone or computer" Everything is literally at the touch of your fingers. I can track caloric intake (and it keeps up with how many I'm burning according to my heart rate and steps). I can put in how much water I'm drinking. Oh, and my favorite part is that my Fitbit tells me how well I slept each night. I love that part.

Okay, I realize I'm starting to sound like a commercial and that is clearly NOT why I'm writing this post! I have not been paid a single thing by Fitbit or any affiliates. It's just a product that I have purchased and come to love. I like to share the love. <3

So, today marks a week of my new journey. I have been trying to avoid sugars and carbohydrates. I have averaged 11K steps a day which totals out to 5 miles!!! I am stoked about that. I have been motivated to get up early each day (before sunrise) and get at least half of my 10K goal under my belt. I enjoy the quiet time to listen to music and get my Jesus time in. Since I homeschool my kiddos, time to myself is rare. I do enjoy it. In 7 days, I feel better, I am excited to be moving, and I have shed two pounds. I know that's not much, but if I can do two pounds a week for the next 6 months, I'll be a happy camper. 

0 comments, add yours here: